? ??????????????Live Forever? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (16 Ratings)??2655 Grabs Today. 27359 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????The Only? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (44 Ratings)??2644 Grabs Today. 53469 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????1 BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poetry

Happiness

There's a pain in my chest,
It makes me feel funny,
Did that kick pierce through my vest,
Or am I just too sunny?

The past dictates how we think,
The present does little for the soul,
The future makes us want to sink,
Which of these guides us to our goal?

The answer may not be clear now,
Nor will it in ten, twenty years,
But as long as your thoughts allow,
In the end, you will cheer.


Companionship

I think I know about friendship.
I think I know about love.
It depends on if you count
Nineteen years of togetherness as either.

We were born under the same moon,
Raised together under the same roof,
We did not share the same blood,
But of love and friendship,
We think we knew.

We learned each other's culture,
Learned each other's hobbies,
Learned each other's love,
Learned each other's body.

In daycare we shared our bed.
In preschool we shared our toys.
In elementary school we shared our innocence.
In middle school we shared our infatuation.
In high school we shared our love.
In college...there was no one to share with.

She was a victim to fate, chance, technology.
The yellow light beckoned her to turn.
It beckoned the other to drive faster.
The collision was unavoidable.
Her life, my life, gone in an instant.

Edited in a 3rd poem on May 4th, 2010:

Misunderstanding

I give you my time,
I don’t really mind
Since it makes you chime
Despite the daily grind.

I give you my trust,
It is a fragile being
Which easily turns to dust
I swear by the all-seeing.

I give you my love,
Drink it like a wine
As you are like a dove
One that is all mine.

In return you offer me the miracle of creation,
When all I really want is the new playstation.

No comments:

Post a Comment